Career Peer Mentor
4 hours per week. Current schedule is 6:00 - 10:00 p.m. Sunday through Thursday; Sunday 1:00 - 5:00 p.m.
Starting Pay: Tier 3 $10/hour
Career Peer Mentors are highly trained upper-class students who work one-on-one with students of all classes to assist them in developing career-related documents. By working evening and weekend hours, they extend the reach of the Levett Career Center to 12 hours per day.
- Ability to analyze and proofread career-related documents and to offer tips for improvement
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to follow instructions closely while working independently
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to build rapport with college students
- Leadership skills and professionalism
- Internet research and professional social media skills
Compensation and Contract Commitments:
- Attend a full week of intensive peer advising training during the August Experience and periodic training throughout the year
- Start and End Dates: Labor Day to end of Winter Term; Spring term hours if available
- Occasionally represent the Levett Career Center outside of CPM duties, if available